Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

We had a wonderful time listening to General Conference this weekend. We woke up early on Saturday and went to Scholar's Inn Bakehouse, a local cafe, for breakfast. We had heard about the Bakehouse for awhile but hadn't made it there. We were glad we tried it...it was delicious. Tom had Eggs Benedict and I had Challah French Toast...which was almost as good as the Kneader's French Toast that I have been missing. Afterwards, Tom was off to school and Ainsley and I spent the day watching conference over the internet. How I miss being able to just turn on the tv and watch it, but the internet was wonderful too. That evening, while Tom was at Priesthood session, I got together with my friends Marin, Jenner, and Lesly. We enjoyed a girls night out with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and brownies.

On Sunday, Tom got up early and made a delicious breakfast of eggs, Red Lobster cheddar biscuits, bacon, and hot chocolate. Then we spent the day sitting on the bed watching conference from our computer. In between sessions, we took a walk to the post office down the street to mail some cards. It was a gorgeous day...brisk but beautiful. During conference, I kept my hands busy finishing some sewing and craft projects for Ainsley. Afterwards we skyped with both families. I am so grateful for modern technology that allows me to talk and see our families over the internet. It makes living so far away so much easier. Tom always jokes, that as a kid he never thought that the Jetson's television phone conferences would come true...well they did. We try to talk over the webcam with family at least once a week. I know it makes a huge difference. Ainsley loves talking to her grandparents over the computer and asks for "Grandpa" everytime we open Tom's laptop. It's pretty cute!
Tom enjoying some delicious breakfast
Yummy challah french toast
Smaller bites Ains!
Sitting reverently as we listen to conference over the baby monitor piped in from the computer upstairs.
Two bumper skirts I finally hemed for Ainsley during conference. I started them months ago, but never finished them. Good thing I made them big...the brown one almost fits

A tutu I attempted to make out of free tulle...I'm not sure I did it right...it looked like a giant spider when it was done.

Ainsley trying the tutu on this morning, I'm not sure she is a fan of it yet...you may remember the pom pom fear...it's about the same so it might take some coaxing on my part to get her to wear it. She is finally smiling after about 20 minutes of wearing it...she probably forgot that it was still on at this point

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

don't you just love conference weekend- It's just the best!! And the food- man that looked good. Those skirts turned out super cute, what is she going to be for Halloween??

Chrispy Critter said...

Now I need a snack after looking at your yummy breakfast!

James and Melissa said...

I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only person that listened to conference over the baby monitor! And thank goodness for the Internet--I don't know how people do it that have to go to the church with little kids! Your breakfast looked awesome and the skirts you made are adorable! I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!