I've been so bad at posting that the entire month of September has passed without giving any updates. So here is our month in review. Hopefully October will go a little better:

I bought a year pass to the Wonderlab Children's museum in town so we try to go at least once a week. This is her favorite thing to play with...then she will carry around a golf ball in each hand for the rest of the visit. If I try to pry them out of her hands, she screams. Finally I got some golf balls out at home since she is obsessed with them.

Since she is running now, she has lots of tumbles. She seems to always have a bump or scratch on her forhead. This one was pretty funny. She slipped on the mat at the Wonderlab and it had a pattern of a large circle surrounded by smaller circles on her head and cheek for two days.

We went raspberry and apple picking with the Kelley Kids group. I picked 2 pounds of raspberrries. I made a delicious frozen raspberrry pie with them. Yum!

Ella and Ainsley at the raspberry picking

Ainsley insisted on carrying the bucket around like a purse and kept sticking her hand in it to take a few bites.

She is getting so big that she is already fitting into 2T clothes....they make her look so grown up. Where did my little baby go?

We went swimming one last time with Ainsley's friends Westin and Ella

Ainsley is into pretending now. She will put on our shoes, clothes, hats, etc. She loves to put blankets and towels on as shawls, kerchiefs, etc. It's pretty cute, except now she loves to pull all of the clothes out of her drawers to try them on. (Currently, all of her shorts and pants are on the floor because she pulled them all out right before her nap and I don't want to wake her up to put them away yet)

She finally wore the second dress I made for her. Unfortunately, I think she looks like a little polygamist child because of the puffy sleeves and plain, pleated style of the dress....I guess that's what I get for making it using an 80's dress pattern. Maybe she'll wear it again...we'll see.

We've played at the parks as much as we can, she's finally old enough to walk around and entertain herself. We have to do it as much as we can before it gets bitter cold!

She can now climb up the stairs and go down the slide by herself
7 comments:
Looks like it has been a fun and eventful month! We sure love being close to you guys again and getting in all sorts of playtime. I feel bad she had circles on her forehead, but it is pretty funny how it left the same impression!
Agghhh! I can't believe how big she is, when we skype she doesn't even seem that big. She sure is cute though!
That wonderlab place looks and sound like fun! I don't think the dress looks like a polygamist dress. I think it is sweet, just add a cute big flower on the front by the sash and it will modern it up a little.
I can't believe how big she is!! Wow! I think the dress is cute...I am very impressed that you made it...definitely not a polygamist dress.
I am proud of you for sewing!! I am going to ask Tom where he has been hiding your sister wives. ;)
What a darling big girl! Addi is fitting into 2T clothes, too. It's sad that they are so big, isn't it! They grew up way to fast!
I agree, the dress is darling! I'm super impressed with all your skills, baking a raspberry pie, and sewing a dress..how do you find the time?
I'm glad that September was fun. I hope that you post a bit more in October, we missed reading about Ainsley..and you too, of course! :P
I love the dress you made for Ainsley! It was fun to see you at Wonderlab!
Post a Comment