We spent our second week in Utah in Deer Valley with my family. We went to a family friend's condo which was located right at the base of the Deer Valley Resort. Growing up near Park City, we've both been there a couple times every year. But this trip was fun because we tried some things that we've never done before. Besides just shopping at the outlets and walking Main Street, we also spent a lot of time at the Olympic Park. We watched the aerial ski jumpers practice in the giant pool. Then Tom and I went on a tour of the facility which took us to the top of the Bobsled run as well as the long vertical jumps. It was so steep...I am amazed anyone dares jump down it! We rode the zipline which paralleled the ski jump. I was a bit nervous (you know me, I'm no daredevil) but it was amazing! Two days later, Tom and my two younger siblings Cami and Jon rode the bobsled ride. The track is a little over a mile long and they finished in 1 min. 6 seconds. They said it was awesome, that it didn't feel like a minute because they were going so fast.
One morning Tom and I rode the ski lift up to the top of Deer Valley. It had a gorgeous view of Park City as well as Deer Creek and Jordanelle Reservoirs. Then we hiked down...it was my way of hiking! Later that night we went to Park City Mountain Resort for more fun action. My siblings rode the Alpine Coaster and Tom and I rode another zipline. We had so much fun on the first we wanted to do another one!
The next day, the whole family went to Jordanelle Reservoir to ride jetskis. We had a blast. We set up camp at the beach and took turns riding the machines. It was fun to have the whole family together. Tom and I even took Ainsley on a slow ride on the jetski. She loved the water though and kept splashing everyone. It was so fun. It was the great end to a fabulous week!
3 comments:
i was reading this and just thought about the fact that I'M SAD YOU DON'T LIVE CLOSE ANYMORE. I miss you! It looks like you had a fun time in Utah. I hope the semester goes well! Keep in touch!
Looks fun. Stuff we will have to do sometime.
What fun pictures! I love the one of Ainsley and the really fast slide as well as the one with the three kids in their car seats. I'm impressed you fit all three of them in one car!
Post a Comment