Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tour of Campus

Tom has been in school for almost two months now. I drive through campus almost everyday to either drop off/pick up Tom or to get to the other side of town, but I've never walked around and really toured campus. So Saturday, Tom took me around so I could see how beautiful the campus was. We only hit a small portion of campus but it was gorgeous! Here are a few snapshots!
This is the MBA building called the Godfrey Center where Tom has all of his classes.


This is the Memorial Garden, a beautiful landscaped lawn that is across from Tom's building. Tom walks through this garden to get to the Student Union. In the background is the library where Tom studies


The Student Union and Memorial Hotel


The campus chapel-apparently it is used for weddings. And the tiny cemetary next to the chapel. I thought this was a little weird to have in the middle of campus, but it was quaint. There were headstones from the early 1900s.


Beautiful parts of campus


Beautiful limestone buildings on campus


IU auditorium where performances, plays, concerts, etc. are held

These next few pictures are from the Lily Library which holds some of the rare collections on campus:

This is the New Testament portion of the Gutenberg Bible. It is probably the first major work printed on moveable types in Western Europe was printed in Mainz, Germany by Johann Gutenberg in the mid-1450's.


These are two hand printed pages of a bible from the early 1400's


This Oscar was won by director John Ford in 1941 for his movie "How Green Was My Valley"


And lastly, this is Ainsley's new babysitter and friend-former IU President Herman B. Wells

2 comments:

TravandNat said...

What a pretty place! I love Ainsley's new babysitter-and friend! So cute!

Koreena said...

That was really interesting. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

I love Ainsley's babysitter! LOL So funny!