Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ainsley and Daddy

This is a video of Tom playing with Ainsley. He is so busy these days that he rarely gets to see Ainsley. We wake her up in the morning just so she can see him before he leaves for school because many nights he will come home and it's time for her to go to bed. When Tom started MBA school, all of the second year students kept telling us, "Oh, you'll never see your husband," "The Core (first semester) keeps you so busy, you'll never get to see your family." I thought it was all an exaggeration...but now I know it is true. During orientation, the wife of the Dean told the partners club a that we could get to know our spouses again over Thanksgiving. I'll look forward to that-only a few more weeks:) But as much as we miss having daddy around more, I am so happy that Tom has had this opportunity to be in school. We're so proud of him! We are loving Bloomington and have met so many wonderful people. We joke that we are so much more social here than we ever were back in Utah. I guess it's because everyone is away from family and so we have become each other's family. Thank you to all of our new friends who have been so welcoming!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! I feel for you and Ainsley not seeing him we are in the same boat! I hope all is going well for you and your beautiful family!

Laura said...

Ainsley is such a doll! I had fun today chatting with you at Sally's house. Isn't the social life of Bloomington wonderful? We're glad you're here!

Jessica Brown said...

awww... i love it! what a great video!

we also enjoy the social aspect of the MBA school. it will be sad to leave it and start the process of making new friends sans partners' club. it makes me sad to think about!

Susie said...

Wow she looks so big, I can't even believe it! And she has got the craziest little laugh. I feel bad we don't get to see Tom when Beth and the baby come though.

Koreena said...

Awwww! That just melts your heart! I love watching Dan play with our kids. It's one of my favorite things in the world. Ainsley clearly loves her daddy!

TravandNat said...

I love the daddy time! Trav's gone a lot too, so I completely understand how hard it is. I'm glad that you have a good support system out there!

Ainsley is so precious!

Bethany said...

Glad to hear things are going well...other than the fact you never see Tom. I remember those days very well. Hang in there.

Walker Fam said...

Ainsley is seriously SO dang cute! I love her! And that video is so cute of her loving her daddy!

Chrispy Critter said...

I am so glad we are here together! I had a great time last night!

kenders said...

Yay!! You have a blog. I just found it on Sarah's blog. :)

I just got your email from your sister. I'll have to invite you to our blog too. She now has the Literacy Place CDs! Thanks so much for letting me borrow those. I totally forgot to give them back to you after you had the baby.