Saturday, October 18, 2008

Farmer's Market

Tom and I went to the Farmer's Market today. We've heard a lot about it from our friends and we finally made it before the season is over. It was fun-there were stalls selling flowers, bread, coffee, pumpkins, apples, and tons of different vegetables. We bought corn, chilies, peppers, onions, and tomatoes. When we got home, Tom made delicious homemade salsa using the fresh produce. Then tonight for dinner he made homemade chili rellenos. They were a little spicy for me, but they were delicious. Here are some pics we took today:

The colorful stand where we bought the chilis, peppers, and onions


Homemade chili relleno made with a poblano chili, stuffed with pepperjack cheese baked in a coating of panco and served with a cheese sauce and homemade salsa on top. YUM!


I made myself a sandwich with the fresh tomatoes we bought. Ainsley hung out in the Baby Bjorn while we cooked. I put the paper plate over her head in case I spilled any crumbs while I ate. I don't think she like it.

2 comments:

Chrispy Critter said...

That sounds yummy! BTW, you do a great job as chorister.

Luke and Marin said...

Looks like fun!