Sam is such a good baby and we have loved having him in our home. The past two weeks have flown by and it has been such a joy. Sam is sleeping and eating better and we are beginning to adjust to life with two kids. It has definately had its challenges with tantrums and two kids demanding attention at the same time. We were sad to say goodbye to my mom yesterday who was such a big help. She did so much for us while she was here. We are excited though that Aunt Annie is coming today as well. Here are some more pictures of Sam's first few weeks.
First bath at home
What about Ainsley you ask: Well, she's done pretty well. She's had several tantrums....mostly over two issues-getting dressed and going to bed. These days, all she wants to wear is dresses. I am lucky if I can get her to wear pants one day a week. Since it is still cold outside, I make her wear leggings and socks with her dresses....this is where the tantrum begins. She must be a summer girl at heart because she cries, screams, and kicks every time I ask her to put leggings on. She also has a tantrum over wearing a jacket when we leave the house. It has definately been hard and more than once its made me cry out of frustration as well. The second issue is bedtime. I always did the nighttime routine and since Sam's been home, it's been more of a challenge. Several nights I have been feeding Sam when it is time for bed. She will have a tantrum if I don't read her the story or rock her. I understand that this is her special mommy/me time and so we will have to arrange my feeding times better so it doesn't interrupt with bedtime. Overall though, Ainsley is a great big sister. Every time Sam cries, she immediately gets concerned and tells me I need to feed him. She rushes to his side whenever he is sad. She is also such a great helper and loves to get the diapers and wipes for me.
Helping give Sam his first bath
Modeling her new dress made by Grandma
It was such nice weather one day she insisted on going outside right after her nap, I told her to put on shoes and this is what she looked like. She enjoyed running around the backyard in nothing but her diaper and cowgirl boots:)
What fun pictures! Sam looks like a really long baby - maybe he has Tom's genes in that regard? I love that Ainsley likes to wear dresses, but sorry to hear it's been so hard on you. Maybe she likes the dresses more because it's easier to use the potty? I love her Easter dress! So cute!
Mike had fun eating lunch with Tom and a bunch of other Bosch people yesterday. We're also excited to have him over for dinner tonight - the only bad part is that you're not with him. We miss you guys!
Sam does look a lot like Ainsley did! You sure make cute kids! It's hard to get adjusted to schedules and demands. Bedtime and getting dressed are STILL our biggest struggles! Things get easier! It's fun having two though, isn't it! You forget how little and wonderful newborns are, huh?!?
6 comments:
What fun pictures! Sam looks like a really long baby - maybe he has Tom's genes in that regard? I love that Ainsley likes to wear dresses, but sorry to hear it's been so hard on you. Maybe she likes the dresses more because it's easier to use the potty? I love her Easter dress! So cute!
Mike had fun eating lunch with Tom and a bunch of other Bosch people yesterday. We're also excited to have him over for dinner tonight - the only bad part is that you're not with him. We miss you guys!
Sam and Ainsley are like twin babies. It will be interesting to see how similar they look when he gets older!
You are one lucky mama! I hear ya with the leggings. It's a problem here to. Why does this winter just go on and on? Love the doll quilt-great idea!
Sam does look a lot like Ainsley did! You sure make cute kids! It's hard to get adjusted to schedules and demands. Bedtime and getting dressed are STILL our biggest struggles! Things get easier! It's fun having two though, isn't it! You forget how little and wonderful newborns are, huh?!?
Sam is SUCH a cute baby. Thank you for all the updates. Wish I could snuggle with him!
Oh he is SO cute and SO your baby!!! Sounds like you are adjusting well- it's pretty crazy but worth it! Wish I could come see the little guy!
Post a Comment