I am so bad at keeping a journal. I have only written in it once since Ainsley was born and she is six months now. During her six month appointment on Tuesday, I decided I better go home and record all of her progress up till now so I won't forget or regret it later. So here is what I remember. Family-if I have anything wrong or am missing anything, let me know. I was in the ICU for her two month appointment, so I don't know how much she weighed then.
Born: May 7, 2008 at 5:51 a.m.
9 lb. 3 oz
21 inches long
2 Week appointment: 9 lb. 15 oz.
23 inches long
Began Smiling: 4 weeks
Baby Blessing: June 15, 2008
First Laugh: 3 months
4 month appointment: 25 1/4 inches long (90 percentile)
15 lbs. 7 oz.(90 percentile)
Head-16 1/2 cm (75 percentile)
Rolled from tummy to back: Sept. 11, 2008
Rolled from back to tummy: Oct. 28, 2008
First Solid Food (Rice Cereal): Oct. 19, 2008
Sit Up By Herself: 5 months
6 month appointment: 26 7/8 inches long ( 90 percentile)
17 lbs. 4 oz. (75-90 percentile)
Head-43 1/2 cm (75-90 percentile)
These are some of the milestones (taken from my What to Expect in their First Year book) that Ainsley is able to do at 6 months:
*Keep head level with body when pulled to sitting
*Babble and Say vowel sounds-sounds like singing
*Stand up while holding on to something
* Sit without support
*Turn in the direction of voice
*Make a "razz" sound
Object if you try to take a toy away
*Work to get a toy that's out of reach
*Pass a cube or other object from one hand to the other
*Look for dropped object
*Rake with fingers to pick up object with fist
*Put objects in mouth
*Roll from tummy to back (everytime)
*Roll from back to tummy (has done it twice)
*Stare and examine her hands (we call it "the claw") and feet
Ainsley has no interest in moving yet. She rolls over from tummy to back only because she hates being on her stomach. She will reach for toys that are near, but if they are out of reach, she quickly loses interest rather than work for them. She can sit or lay perfectly content for long periods of time by entertaining herself by singing, playing with her hands, or flapping her arms. Her new phenomenon is her feet. She loves to pull off her socks and stick her foot in her mouth. She uses her pants as leverage and has stretched out the bottom half of many pairs of pants. She sticks everything in her mouth. She doesn't suck on her fingers as much anymore, but loves to suck on her thumb. I hope it doesn't become a permanent habit. She also likes to take the binky out of her mouth, examine it and then put it back in. Her favorite toys are her baby doll; Jangles the Giraffe with limbs of rattles, teething rings, etc; the rubber ducky, and our old cell phone. She also loves the remote control and will try to take it out of our hand while we are watching t.v. together. Almost everything can make her laugh-but one thing in particular is sneezing. If you fake sneeze it will get a giggle or smile everytime. She also likes it when you stick out your tongue. It also always gets a smile. Hopefully it won't teach her bad manners though:) On average, she sleeps about 10 hours with maybe only waking once or twice for a binky. She goes to bed at 9:00 and we wake her at 7:00 so Tom can see her before school. She loves the bathtub and will kick her feet and making "oo0" noises (kinda like a monkey) while she gets washed. She has only had rice cereal so far. She didn't like it at first, but has done much better. We are going to start her on yellow vegetables this week.
Here is a video of her laughing while she was eating:

5 comments:
Love that laugh! Baby giggles are the best!
Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?! She's sure adorable!
She is such a beautiful baby girl, and it sounds like she is a great baby!
Wow 10 hours of sleep is amazing. I wish I was so lucky!
Love her laugh! Can't help but smile when you hear that.
Such sweet giggles! Jacob said, "That's Ainsley!" When I pulled up your blog today. Time just flies by. I wish it went that during pregnancy!
SO CUTE! I can't wait until Ella laughs. She is such a doll!
Post a Comment