Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This year for Halloween, Ainsley dressed up as an Indiana Cheerleader. We had bought Ainsley a cheerleading outfit before Tom graduated last spring. It fit her perfectly for Halloween. She had such a blast this year. Since Halloween would be on a Sunday, Ainsley did all of her trick-or-treating the week before Halloween. Our ward had a Trunk-or-Treat party. Tom took Ainsley around the parking lot trick-or-treating. She loved it! She talked about it all week. On the actual Halloween day, we didn't take her trick-or-treating again, but she did help pass out candy and she loved seeing the other kids come to the door. She kept telling me, "I went trick-or-treating too with Daddy."
The Monday before Halloween we finally got around to carving our pumpkin. First we all drew pictures of possible faces with crayons and paper. Ainsley thought that was fun. Then when we picked our design, Ainsley watched Tom intently as he carved the pumpkin. It is fun that she is old enough now to actually understand and enjoy these holiday traditions.

I have been taking Ainsley to a Mom and Tot pre-school class. She absolutely loves it. On Oct. 29, all of the kids in her class wore their Halloween costumes to class. It was adorable, I wish we could have got a picture of the whole group. But here are a few pics of Ainsley at her class in her cheerleader outfit.

6 comments:

Koreena said...

What a cute little cheeerleader!

Susie said...

I cannot believe how big Ainsley-bug is!! It's like she's an adult!

Dave and Catherine said...

What a doll!

James and Melissa said...

Ainsley was an adorable cheerleader! I love that there is a preschool for the kids and their moms - what a great idea!

Laura said...

What a cutie! I love the costume. I also love the first picture of her in her Halloween shirt sitting on the pumpkin. So funny!

Jessica Whittaker said...

Halloween looked fun! Congrats on the new baby!! I am clearly a little slow and don't get on the blog very often. Hope everything is going well. Are you back for Christmas?