Sunday, April 26, 2009

She's a cowgirl!


This weekend has been a really fun, yet busy one for us. On Saturday, we went to the Brown County State Park which is located about a half an hour away from Bloomington. It was beautiful and we want to go back when there is a little more leaves on the trees. We had a picnic with the Kelley Kids group again. All of the kids got to ride a pony. At first Ainsley was a little scared of the horse, but after a few seconds she got used to it and did really well. Tom taught her how to hold on to the horn and by the end of the ride she was holding on all by herself while Tom led the horse around a little track. I think Tom had just as much fun as she did. He can't wait to bring her up to his family's ranch in the Uintas to ride a real horse with Grandpa Reese. Too bad, ol' Docs Bill isn't around anymore. Tom grew up riding horses with his grandpa, dad, and uncle at this ranch. He was riding by himself at about 4-5 and so he wants our kids to be proficient riders too. He was trying to convince me how we need to buy a horse next year....we'll see about that. My theory...a house before a horse. But for her first ride, Ainsley did really well and who knows, maybe we'll make it out to Utah this summer where she can ride another horse up at the ranch. I know Grandpa Reese would love that!



Jenner, Me, Kristina, Jedda and Chris at the picnic

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beth, that's seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Your little baby riding a pony! Love it.

Whitney said...

That is impressive! One that she is actually wanting to ride the horse and two that she is sitting on it so well! That is so cute!

TravandNat said...

How cute! I can't believe that she was holding on by herself, and wasn't afraid at all. I guess it runs in the genes!

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh Beth, she looks so grown up!! What a cutie and how fun. Super cute pics

Jedda said...

she's a pro. Thanks again for the ride! It was fun!

Laura said...

I'm so glad you guys did that! She looks like she's having fun - and that Tom is having even more fun. :)

James and Melissa said...

Ainsley looks like a natural on that horse! I love it! What a fun thing to do.

Angie Nickle said...

Holy cow! Beth, these picts of Tom and Ainsley are SO cute-they made me laugh-yeah actually snorted out loud! Man I wish you guys were closer, it would be so fun to get together! We're headed to Las Vegas in July for our 4 year stint...so if you're ever in the area!

Unknown said...

Soooo cute. I had no idea Tom was a cowboy.

jsfeatherstone said...

It sounds like you've made great friends out there. That is the cutest thing to see Ainsley on that big horse!

Jenner said...

ainsley is pretty cute on the pony or anywhere for that matter!