Thursday, April 23, 2009

Guess what keeps me occupied these days...

Ainsley's newest trick....Emptying things. Every drawer, basket, box, or bag within grasp gets emptied within a few seconds. Her favorite thing to empty is these two drawers in our entertainment center. In one drawer we store all of the dvds from the library and left over electrical cords and in the other is all of my craft supplies-fabric, glue gun, patterns, etc. She will empty these drawers at least 4-5 times a day. I am so bad though, I let her empty stuff just so I have a few seconds to get something done. But then our house looks like a tornado hit and I am stuck cleaning it up when she's done. I really need to baby proof the house better. Luckily, she hasn't discovered the kitchen yet. Oh why, oh why did I ever want her to crawl?


So as a result of all of these new messes, I found this lying in the closet....it gives me a few minutes each day of mess free bliss.

8 comments:

Laura said...

I love that last picture - it looks like she's in prison and not too happy about it. :) I think I can wait for a LOOOONG time for Ella to crawl!

Koreena said...

FUN FUN!! We do that a lot around here too. I have a baby-proof latch on our pantry cabinet, and if I forget to lock it Jossy loves to unload everything onto the floor. If she goes over there and it's locked she whines, bangs the doors and throws her head back. Yes, we have a little drama queen already. :)

You're smart to pull out the pack n' play. I really should do that occassionally.

Jon said...

Beth, that was seriously hilarious. I LOVE LOVE this post. You got some classic shots. Was that the garbage can? It didn't look like it because there wasn't anything too gross--the recycling paper bin perhaps. Oh man that is too funny. The best part was seeing the look on her face when you put her in the play pen--ever longing to get out and create more messes!

Luke and Marin said...

Oh my heck!! She is a mad woman!! Super cute pics though!

TravandNat said...

I can totally relate!! Just wait until she can walk..the messes get bigger, and more spread out. The pack n' play is always out at our house!

Ainsley is darling!!

Bethany said...

Love all of those pictures! I can completely relate!

Chelsea said...

I love the pics. yep can relate 100%. I have realized that trying t clean up is rather pointless

Jedda said...

K hit that stage just as we were packing to move here. I would pack a box and she would unpack it. Quite the little pain she was! I ended up having to pack during naps and nighttime. I feel for ya!