This video was taken Thursday, April 2
Ainsley is at such a fun stage right now. She will be 11 months in a few days and everyday she learns something new. The biggest news....she is finally crawling!!!! I know it is a little late for kids her age and so we are thrilled that she is finally doing it. On Tuesday, March 31 I was watching a movie and Ainsley was rolling around on the floor when she got on her stomach, pushed up on her legs and took about 6 crawls forward like she had been doing it for days. I was shocked, because we have been trying to practice with her for months and she had never taken even one movement forward on her own before. Then all of a sudden, it is like it just clicked and she did it. As the day went on though, it was like she got worse at it because by the end of the day she kept trying to stick her left leg out straight while she crawled. She has since stopped doing that so don't worry. She is still rolling to get everywhere because she is really fast at it, but I am sure she will continue to crawl a little more each day.
She is also learning tons of other new things. It is so much fun and each day she will try something new. Yesterday she started to say "Uh, oh" but it sounds a little funny because she doesn't say the long O sound right. I have been trying to use sign language at meal times that we learned in that class I took in the fall with her. Last week she started signing back to me. She will sign "milk" and "all done." Other new milestones include playing peek-a-boo with towels, toys, blankets, as well as her own hands. She is beginning to get into everything. She rolls up to the bookshelves and low drawers in the t.v. stand andpulls everything out. I am starting to miss my content baby who sat on a blanket and entertained herself when I was busy. Those days are long gone. She loves to stand up to furniture...especially at church. She is so hard to keep still during sacrament. All she wants to do is stand up on the pew and look at the people behind us. I am sure she is a huge distraction. She is beginning to pull herself up on furniture on her own as well as walk along it. She can transfer from our ottoman to the couch. She also finally loves books. She never had the patience for them before and would just want me to turn the pages. She is beginning to sit and listen to them now and loves to turn the pages herself. She will sit on the floor with a board book and turn the pages herself for several minutes.

6 comments:
I cannot believe how big she is!!! And she can sign so well, it's amazing!!
Awesome! She's growing so fast!
What a sweetie pie! Her crawling on the first video with her leg straight out was so cute! I love that she signs. Addison will not sign anything..she's stubborn. I'm sorry that your days of a baby who sits still are over..it's tough, but lots of fun too! What a big girl!
What cute videos! I didn't know she was walking along furniture too - it happens so fast, doesn't it? Ella just sat and watched Ainsley and squealed with happiness. :)
Wow Beth! I can't believe how fast Ainsley learned everything from the last time I saw you guys...just a few weeks ago! She is a darling baby!
Yeah for Ainsley!! I loved the left leg out thing. So cute.
Post a Comment