Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Let it Snow!
I love snow and being from Utah, we were used to heavy snowstorms all the time. We wouldn't be phased by them, but now that we are in Indiana, we were shocked when we looked out the window this morning. This is what we saw:

I turned on the tv and saw that they canceled school, even IU which made Tom really happy. So we spent the day inside drinking hot chocolate, reading books, and being lazy. It was nice to have a day to relax. At noon we decided to see how much it had snowed so far and we measured about 9 inches. It finally stopped and at about 4:00 Tom decided that he wanted to go to the store to get something for our dinner. It probably wasn't the best idea...we don't have covered parking and so he had to dig our car out. The apartment complex didn't plow the parking lot very well and it took Tom, our neighbor with a shovel, and me about 20 minutes to dig and push the car out of it's spot. We even had to lay down towels to try to help with traction....this is definately something we would have expected in Utah...but not in Indiana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! That's a lot of snow. How nice that you got to have a lazy day together!
How fun to spend the day inside together, drinking hot chocolate..sounds like heaven! I'm glad that you got some snow to remind you of Utah..lucky for you, you don't have the inversion to go along with it..the air here is nasty!
I've been thinking about you guys as I've seen reports of the crazy weather on the news. You have way more snow than we do! How fun for Tom to get a snow day!
Post a Comment