Saturday, September 6, 2008

Nashville, IN

We have been really lucky to have my mom here visiting again, unfortunately she had to come because I got really sick. I developed an abscess of fluid in my liver from my previous surgery which made me violently ill and had to be hospitalized. They were able to drain the abscess and I am happy to report I am feeling the best I have since my surgery. I thought the pressure and soreness I had been feeling the past few weeks was from taking care of Ainsley on my own for the first time, but no-it was the abscess. Now that it is drained, I am feeling great. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and another CT scan ahead of me, but hopefully this will be the end of my troubles.
We were happy to have my mom here visiting and taking care of me again for a week. I didn't think I would get to see her for a few months and so although the circumstances weren't ideal, we were happy to have her here. On her last day, we took a little day trip to a tiny artist colony about 20 miles from Bloomington. It is called Nashville and it has become a quaint tourist trap. There were tons of fun little craft and souvenir shops. It is also known for its fudge and carmel corn. One shop we went in had 24 different flavors of fudge-we bought "Cookies and Cream" fudge. Boy was it sweet-one tiny bite gave you a sugar high. I think it will take us a few weeks to finish it off. We had a great time window shopping, strolling through the town, and eating the treats.

\




Some of the fudge flavors included:Black Forest, Dreamsicle, Pumpkin, German Chocolate, Penuche, Maple Pecan, Vanilla Pecan, Cookies and Cream, etc. The carmel corn had some strange flavors too-I thought Dill Pickle sounded the most interesting but they also had Chicago Mix?, Cheddar, Cotton Candy, Island Ranch, Vanilla Nut, Toffee, Confetti, Butter Rum, Carmel Pecan, and more.

I liked this bench where we ate our fudge



We had to register our car after we moved here...no more Utah plates. So sad!The last place we went was this ice cream shop where Mom and I had local Brown County Peach Icecream. It was delicious!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

first of all, Beth, you look great! Sorry that you had to go to the hospital again. no fun. looks like you had a nice time with your mom and little family in nashville. that fudge sounds so yummy! send me some for christmas! j/k ;)

Tara said...

I'm getting hungry just reading this!!! Yes, Beth, you really do look great!!!

TravandNat said...

Beth, I am so sorry to hear that you were back in the hospital. Hopefully, all will be well, and you won't have to visit there any more!

I am glad that you got a chance to visit with your mom and visit some of the sites. It looks like you're having fun!

Chelsea said...

Beth- so sorry to hear you had surgery again, I know those abscesses are not pretty and fun to deal with. I am glad you are out and well. You look great by the way and Ainsley is sooo cute and big. Looks like you are having tons of fun and glad your mom was able to come!!