Sunday, August 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Here are some pictures of our new place. It is nothing much, but we like it. We chose a town home because we liked the idea of having two levels so that if Tom needed to study, he could go upstairs and Ainsley and I could stay downstairs and not bother him. But after only a few weeks of going up and down those stairs, I wonder if we were crazy. Ainsley and I spend the majority of the day down stairs, but everytime she needs a diaper change, more toys, to take a nap, or just get something I have to carry her upstairs. She is not a tiny girl-and she is only going to get bigger. I guess I am going to gain some pretty strong muscles living in this place.

Our living room
Everything in the living room is new because we were using Tom's family's furniture before. So we bought these couches right before we moved. The bookshelf and tv stand had to be assembled by Tom. Since moving here, he has had to put together a bookshelf, tv stand, desk, changing table, and rocker. He is a good sport and quite handy.

Our kitchen and eating area
The one drawback about this place is the kitchen is tiny!!! We don't have enough cupboard space to store anything! We had to buy a shelf to store can goods above the fridge because there is no pantry or anywhere to put food.
















This is our back patio and storage unit
Right now there are some small plants back there, I am not sure if they let you garden this, I've peeked at my neighbors and theirs look about the same as mine. Behind the gate is a small patch of grass and then trees blocking another complex behind us. If you are wondering what is on the papertowel on the ground-it's sagebrush from Utah. Tom was drying it so he could remember the smell of home.

Ainsley's Room
This is my favorite room in the house. It is so bright and colorful it makes me happy. I bought Ainsley's bedding set before she was born, but since we knew were moving 3 months after she was born, we never bothered to set up her crib. She slept in a cradle in our room-so this is the first time she's had her own room.

There were a lot of people who helped contribute to this nursery- Thank you to Uncle Mark and Aunt Julie for giving us the crib and dresser, they work great!!! Thank you to Grandma Butler who helped put the whole nursery together including setting up the crib bumpers, crib skirt, valences, and buying us the rocker and the changing table(not pictured because it arrived the day after I took all of these pictures but imagine it under the flowered wall hanging) Thank you to both Grandma Reese and Grandma Butler for the cute quilts that are hanging on Ainsley's crib, they match perfectly.


I had this plate made when Ainsley was about 4 weeks old, it just arrived and I stuck her foot and hand on it to compare and it was amazing to see how much she has already grown!!!
Our Bedroom
I realized while writing this blog that I do not have a picture of our bedroom. I apologize, I will take one and post it later. Our room is kinda crowded, we squeezed our queen bed, two nightstands, two dressers, and a desk in there. So its kinda cozy.


Here are some other fun pictures we have taken of Ainsley. She is finally playing with toys now and her two favorites are a little duck and cat ragdoll. She likes to hold them and then stick them in her mouth. We named them Hercamur Q. Quack and Kissy Cat in honor of Grandpa Reese's and Uncle Mark's childhood pets.













12 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice place! The new couches look alot like mine, but I can tell they're not exactly the same. Ainsley has such a nice looking nursery. How's the new ward?

Tara said...

Your place is so nice and big! I love Ainsley's room! Too cute!!!

dawnie said...

Mike sure misses Tom at work! We are glad everything is going well for you guys! Best wishes!
Dawnie & Mike

dawnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TravandNat said...

Cute place! I really like it! We have lots of stairs too! It's a nice workout hauling the babe up and down.

Ainsley is adorable! She's growing so fast!!

Nate said...

Your place looks great. Ainsley is so cute.

britt said...

I bet it feels to great to be settled! And can ainsley get any cuter? She is adorable!

Ann-Marie said...

your home looks darling! We too wanted two levels for the studying dilemma. I ended up putting a diaper basket downstairs with all the goods I needed to clean Hugh up, because climbing the stairs gets very old! :)

dawnie said...

Hey guys! We switched our blog to private, so send us an email at dawniejean@hotmail.com so we can invite you guys to read! Hope everything is going well!
Mike & Dawnie

Koreena said...

So nice to see how you guys are doing! I love the nursery. So cute! We have the exact same glider. :) I can't believe how big she's gotten!

James and Melissa said...

Your place looks great! And the nursery is adorable! I hope Tom is enjoying school and that everyone is healthy and doing well.

anniereese said...

Well well well... I have to say that some special person picked out a mighty fine place for you to live. It looks magical...
Plus, I loved the pictures of my favorite person in the world. Even though her neck, wrists, and ankles have disappeared to fat rolls, she stills tops my list on favorite people ever.
Also, would you guys mind taking me off your blog link? I am afraid that people are going to find my blog and misunderstand that it is for school and think that I am really such a nerd that all I have to talk about are school projects and media tools.
Love to everyone, especially my girlfriend.
Aunt Annie