Saturday, August 7, 2010

Not for the faint of heart...

How many of the previous tenants' hair would you guess that Tom pulled out of our shower drain this morning? We don't know, but it was at least two wigs worth. Our shower has been draining poorly since we moved in and yesterday it was almost completely clogged. So this morning Tom got in there with tweezers and a modified coat hanger and dug it all out. It smelled and was disgusting. But, we didn't want to see it go to waste, so we bagged it up and donated it to Locks of Love :)

8 comments:

Laura said...

That is DISGUSTING! How does the shower drain now? I bet like magic! Tom is a brave man and I hope he's washed his hands again and again and again. Eww!

anniereese said...

That is foul. You both are very brave. Just a thought... could you make a wig for Ansel-bug out of it?

Susie said...

When you guys finish did you proclaim "I'm so brave!" like someone I know does when she gets out of the bath?

Lesly said...

ewwwww!!!! that has to be the most disgusting thing I have EVER read and seen. You didn't really donate it? And why didn't you just use Drano or Liquid Plumber?

Cami said...

ugh! That seriously makes me sick to my stomach. One, because that just looks disgusting, and two... because I've done that (twice) before too! I did that to the drain while I was living in Romania and when we first moved into my house in Provo. It seriously is not for the faint of heart... I may or may not have been dry heaving when I did it. Glad it's done and over with for you guys!

Jenner said...

wow, that is nasty. looking forward to seeing more of your michigan adventures!

Chrispy Critter said...

That even grossed ME out! Hilarious!

Luke and Marin said...

ACK!! Beth that is so sick!! By the way, I love that rug in your family room! Very cute!!! Miss and love you!