We are excited to announce that Tom accepted a full time offer with Bosch and will be starting work with them after he graduates in May. He got the offer just after we got back from the break and he accepted last week.
The position is a managerial rotation that takes place over two years. Every six months we will be moving to a new location and Tom will be working in a different area with different products. Moving four times in two years will be the biggest challenge, but we are excited for the adventure. Bosch has over 80 locations just here in the US but many more internationally as well. One of the rotations could be international assignment and we are excited for the opportunity to live abroad for a few months. We probably won’t know for a couple of months where we’ll be going first. We will keep you posted.
We didn't know much about Bosch before applying...other than the fact that we owned and loved our Bosch mixer and food processor. So here is just a little info about Bosch:
They are a worldwide manufacturing company with headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany. They have a little over 280,000 employees worldwide, with about 25,000 in North America. They manufacture auto components like automatic braking systems, traction control, fuel injection, etc. They also make home appliances like washers and dryers, refrigerators and kitchen mixers, as well as hand tools under the Skil, Bosch, and Dremel brand names. They also have security systems and industrial machines and tools. Their site is here.
One cool thing about Bosch is that they are privately owned, with the majority of the shares being held by the Robert Bosch Charitable Foundation, which contributes to scientific, health and humanitarian, and educational causes. Almost all of the company’s dividends are paid to the foundation annually.
We are very excited to have this opportunity, but will miss the home and friends we have made here in Bloomington…
14 comments:
WOW! That sounds...exciting, a bit scary, and wonderful all at the same time! You are brave to think about moving so much, but what an awesome experience!! Good luck, and keep us posted!
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear where you're going first!
Oh, we are so excited for you guys!!! Leaving Bloomington was hard for us too. You will have some great experiences coming up!
wow - congratulations! so very excited for you guys. i'm sure that it is such a relief to just be DONE with the whole process! i'm excited to follow your travels around the country/world over the next couple of months.
so, so excited for you guys.
I'm excited for you guys and that you have things solidified for employment. However, I HATE to think about the time when you'll be moving away from us. *sniff sniff* So I try not to think about it too much.
But really, I'm excited for you guys!
Congrats! I am happy for you guys. Best of wishes with all the moves. Keep us all updated.
That is great! What a fun adventure that will be. The great thing is you will be done moving around before it is time for Ainsley to start school. It's like you planned it. :)
Congratulations! That will be so much fun! I would LOVE to skip around the country (maybe world) like that!
Wow Beth, so exciting and crazy!!! What fun adventures you will have... any idea if Bosch has some businesses in Des MOines??? How fun would that be (mostly for me!!) Can't wait to hear the first place. Congrats to Tom
congrats you guys! so so fun! can't wait to see where your moving! this is the perfect time to be moving alot, a pain, but good timing in life!
I can't believe I saw you this weekend and I'm reading this on your blog-you should say something girl! Congrats to you guys!!! You have many adventures ahead :)
Congratulations! That is soooo exciting! That must feel so great! I'm hoping for your first place to be NC!
Congratulations, guys! You'll have wonderful adventures. If I need to replace my food processor or KitchenAid mixer, I know who to talk to! ;-)
Congrats! We are so excited for your guys! What a great opportunity.
Post a Comment