
That afternoon, we drove to Salt Lake to spend the rest of Christmas day with Tom's family. They had already opened gifts, so they watched us open our gifts. Ainsley was feeling a little bit better and enjoyed opening gifts with her Aunt Annie. She got two musical Elmo books, a sleeping bag, toy gears, clothes, shoes, and a tutu. Tom and I got clothes and restaurant gift cards. We were so spoiled by both families!Unfortunately, gifts were not the only thing that Santa brought this year. Everyone got the stomach flu too. Ainsley was the first one to get it on the 23rd and was sick for a few days. She infected both families with it as well. They all had horrible 24 hour stomach flu that did not sound fun. Six people in Tom's family got sick and seven people in my family. I was lucky to be one of the few who didn't catch it. So for the next few days, all we did was lounge around, watch movies, and get our rest. When everyone was feeling better we finally got out and did stuff. We ate at all of our favorite restaurants, went to movies, and went sledding! Ainsley didn't like it at first, but after awhile she really enjoyed it. She was lucky enough to go sledding three times over the break. Here she is sledding with the Reeses:
One of my favorite things to do in Utah is to go snowboarding. Tom and I had the chance to go with my siblings to the Sundance Resort. We were a bit rusty since we only went once last year too. I hadn't been to Sundance since2003 when I took a snowboarding class in college with my friend and longtime snowboarding buddy Shae. Back then wewas at the peak of our snowboarding skills...now I'm too old and fat to try 180s and going off jumps. But it was still a lot of fun.
Tom, Jon, Me, Andrea, and CamiOne of the best things about being in Utah was letting Ainsley get to know her cousins a little better. We took them to the Children's Museum at Gateway and they had a blast.

Thanks to our family for making it such a wonderful holiday! We miss you so much!



4 comments:
I love that last picture - so cute! I had to look at it closely to make sure it was Ainsley. Looks like you have a family full of snow bunnies! Glad to see you were able to get out and enjoy the snow ... but even more, I'm glad you're back! :)
Ainsley is too cute, with or with out hair. That is so sad that so many of you got the stomach flu while you were in Utah. I'm glad it was just a 24 hour thing.
CUTE pics! I'm glad you had such a blast. Family time is so precious!
LOL I love that last pic with the wig! So funny! What a bummer that everyone got so sick, but at least you lucked out if it! Looks like such a fun time. Next time you're here, we should get a playdate together with the old Thorneberry gals!
Post a Comment