Ainsley is obsessed with my cell phone lately. She's always loved it, we used it to entice her to roll across the room for the first time . But lately, whenever I talk on it she starts to scream for it. I have to leave the room in order to hear what the other person is saying. She gets so excited and tries to grab for it anytime it is near. We gave her our old cell phone to play with, but somehow she knows it is just a toy and still wants the real thing. I think she likes the lights and colors of the real one. She loves to look at her picture on the screen and push all the buttons because they make sounds. She has accidentally called family members on speed dial many times. After a phone call with Tom today, I turned the phone off and let her play with it for about a half hour. She was in heaven. Here is a little video of it:
Ainsley is still not crawling but she does like to hang out on her stomach much more than in the past. I was trying to entice her to crawl to the cell phone again, but she just decided to lay down and chill instead.
This weekend was a lot of fun. My friend Laura and I helped throw a shower for our friend Marin who is having a baby boy in April. Laura made delicious cinnamon rolls and we ate some of Marin's favorite foods such as nutella and waffles. We played a few games and watched her open gifts. We are excited for her and wish he best of luck in the last month of her pregnancy. Here are some of my new friends who are in my ward at the shower.

6 comments:
What is it with babies and their obsessions with phones? Makai is the same way. I love that first picture of Ainsley! She is such a great mix of the two of you!
I'm glad to hear she's liking the floor more. And I swear they only want what they can't have ...
Addison loves the remote more than the cell phone. She had it, and managed to turn on the closed captions. After three days of trying to figure out how to turn them off, we called the cable company. They came and after about 45 minutes and a call to the main support line, the tech. was finally able to get them off. Kids and their love of technology!
Ainsley is darling! Our babies are growing so fast!
We keep an old cell phone in the church bag...not so churchy, but very entertaining. It's too bad they can tell the difference. J has started answering mine! Problem! I hear him talking to someone from the other room! Ah!
I don't get why they like phones so much. Blake sucked on mine for so long I had a hard time hearing people for a couple days. What is the use of buying baby toys... she is such a doll though
I am glad to be one of your friends!!! Lucky me!
Post a Comment