Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Everyday life

 This is a park in the center of Hildesheim.  In the summer, people kayak down this tiny river.



 One Saturday, I wanted to have authentic German food.  Most of my german food experiences has only really been currywurst and Doner.  So we ate at the cafe at the foot of the Butcher's Guild Hall in our Marketplatz.  We each had schnitzel, potatoes, and fries.  It was really good and a fun atmosphere.  The guy sitting behind Ainsley in the picture had on a traditional German hat with feathers in it.  I loved it and wanted Tom to get one and wear it regularly.  We'll see:)

 After lunch, we went to our local gelato shop and got some traditional German ice-cream called "Spaghetti Ice."  It is vanilla icecream that is extruded through a machine to look like noodles.  Then they pour strawberry topping on top to look like spaghetti sauce and shave white chocolate bits to look like parmesan cheese.  We always see people eating it at this gelato shop and wanted to try some ourselves.  Since we weren't sitting at the cafe, we ordered ours to go...so it came in a cone.  It was delicious!
Aunt Annie sent Sam this book for his bday, he loves it!  I pick up the animal pieces at least 4 times a day.  he loves to pull them out of the book.

 Making a bday card for Grandpa Reese



1 comment:

Laura said...

I totally forgot about Spaghetti Ice! Soooooo yummy!