Sunday, October 9, 2011

Princess Ballerina

I took ballet from the time I was about 5 until 16. I loved it and I have been so excited to put Ainsley in a ballet class. All summer I asked her if she wanted to sign up for ballet, but everytime I asked she told me that she was too little and she would take it when she was older. So I thought I would wait. But when we went to Indiana, she watched her Barbie "12 Dancing Princesses" DVD about 6 times on that trip. She would dance in the hotel room to it every night. So the day we returned home from our trip, I found her a ballet class. It is called, "Princess Ballerinas" and it is run through the Parks and Rec department. It is a six week class where they focus on a different Disney Princess each session. She was so excited for this class. We bought her two different leotards, tights, and ballet shoes. She wore them everyday for the first week and after ripping her first pair of ballet tights, we had to establish a rule that she can only wear her "ballet costume" on Mondays when she has dance. She still wears it all day though:) We also have checked out a lot of "Angelina Ballerina" books and DVDs from our local library.

She has ballet once a week for only about 30 minutes. At class, they begin with warm ups and stretching. Then her teacher reads them part of the fairytale. Afterwards, they get up and dance it. Each week they add onto their dance. This session, they are learning about Snow White. She has gone to about four classes so far and so she has most of the dance learned. They let the parents sit and watch and it has been a lot of fun to watch Ainsley dance. She started out so shy and would barely participate. She often has to run over to me to say hello during class as if she is making sure I'm still there, but she she has become so much more outgoing and interactive. We've already signed her up for the next six week session as well.
Her very first class, Sept. 2011
Sammy hangs out with me and watches Ainsley dance




3 comments:

Laura said...

So cute!

Paige said...

She is such a stinkin cutie! How fun to have her in ballet classes - bravo to you on being a good mom! I love the picture of Sam too. He is growing up so fast

Luke and Marin said...

Oh I just love these pictures! Her dance class sounds like so much fun. She looks like she's having a ball!!