Sunday, July 10, 2011

June Review

We drove up to Frankenmuth, aka "Michigan's Little Bavaria" to have dinner with our good friends from MBA school, the Newtons. We ate at one of the diners and then walked around the touristy town. The kids enjoyed listening to the accordian players, looking at the toy/candy shops, and listening to the bells ring on the clocktower. It has been fun to live close to some of our friends from Indiana, and wish we would have taken more advantage to the close proximity and seen them more!
Ainsley and Kaitlyn thought the bells on the clocktower were too loud

While playing at the park the other day, Ainsley's friend Ryah was pretending to be a photographer and was getting Dallin and Ainsley to sit in different poses for her. It was pretty hilarious and so I went behind her and would snap real pictures of what she was pretending to take. Here are just a few of the ones I took...there were tons!
Ainsley attempting to be a model
She kept having Dallin and Ainsley hold hands like it was an engagement photo....maybe one day:)
On National "Pudding Day" our friend had a picnic at the park with all sorts of yummy pudding desserts. She even had the kids fingerpaint with pudding. Ainsley wasn't so sure about the mess, we had to help her learn what fingerpainting was.
These guys are exactly a month apart.Sam is the younger of the two....it makes you realize how big he really is. He is already wearing six months clothes!


We've had a really busy past few weeks, we are preparing for our move. Tom has been so busy at work finishing up his final presentations. I've spent almost every spare moment packing that poor Ainsley and Sam have felt neglected. Ainsley hasn't liked that I haven't had time to sit with her and play with her as often and Sam whines when he is left alone. He doesn't not like to be put in the swing or bumbo for very long...he always wants to be held. It has made this move much more difficult. Ainsley has been such a big help trying to entertain him for me. Here are some pics of her having a teaparty with him while I got some packing done.
(sorry, can't get this to rotate correctly)
Here are some other random pics from the past month:
Sam, 3 months

3 comments:

Dave and Catherine said...

I love that Ainsley has her own Boppy to "feed" her babies! Did you guys buy that for her, or is it a travel pillow or something?

Jedda said...

It was so fun to see you guy! You are so on top of your blog-I might have to steal some pics ;) Also, K loves that Ainsley has the same pink suit as her! Good luck with the move and hopefully we can see you again soon!

Laura said...

What cute pictures!! I love the poses - looks like you have a little model on your hands.