Monday, June 20, 2011

Our Little Boy

Sam is 2 1/2 months old now. He is such a fun baby. He is cooing and talking all the time now. He also blows bubbles and squeals. He is much more alert and observant, he follows you with his eyes. He is able to hold his head up on his own and can sit in our new bumbo chair. He loves to watch his sister play and smiles anytime she comes near him. The best thing is he is sleeping through the night already! It is so wonderful. He will sleep for a couple of hours in the early evening, then I feed him at about 10:00 or 11:00 p.m. when I go to bed. Then he will sleep until about 7:00 a.m. which gives me time to sleep! Its great! I hope it lasts! He has lots of nicknames already, we have hardly ever called him Samuel its usually just Sammy or Sam. Tom calls him "Samivel" from Charles Dickens' The Pickwick Papers, or "Boy." Ainsley calls him "Sammyboy and Little Guy." She will also say, "Daddy "Your Boy" is sleeping." I always say Sam is a cuddler because he loves to be held. He is usually a really happy baby until he has been left in his swing or bouncy seat for too long. Then he will begin to get fussy but as soon as you pick him up he is fine. He just wanted to be held. I wish we could hold him all the time, he loves it. He is getting so big. He's lost the newborn look and has become so chubby now. He has already outgrown some of his 3 month clothes and is wearing some 6 month clothes! He has rolls of fat on his thighs and a double chin. It is so adorable! He had his 2 month doctor appointment a few weeks ago and here were his stats:

Height: 24 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 14 lbs. (95th percentile)
Head: 15 3/4 inches (50th percentile)

Here are some cute pictures of our Little Guy:


4 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

what a cutie! he reminds me so much of ainsley and tom at the same time. glad he's doing so well!

Laura said...

I love all that chub! Especially the picture of him in the Bumbo - what a cutie. I also love all that baby jabber. I can't believe how much he looks like Ainsley!

Luke and Marin said...

Wow, he's getting SO big! I'm sure you get this a lot, but he looks just like Ainsley. We are so excited to see you guys in July- it will be a blast to have our Sams meet!!

Koreena said...

What a cute little guy! Lacey is just a couple weeks behind him but she's so tiny and only 9.5 lbs! Crazy!