She has really tight curls on the bottom and looser curls on the top. Because of this, I usually pull the top half up. That hair is so loose that by the end of the day, it just looks straight and messy. But the bottom curls are really tight and they seem to get tighter in the humidity. Because her curls are so tight, they get tangled easily and she hates getting her hair done. I have to spray it with water, which makes her cry. Then I comb through it to de-tangle it, put in an elastic, then I put mousse in it to help hold the curls. It's a process, that usually done in the midst of screaming and tears. This is what it would look like on a decent day:
But since doing her hair is such a process, I don't bother most days. I figure if we aren't planning on going somewhere, what's the point of going through the fight. So usually she is running around the house with hair that looks something like this:
Every time we are at a store, people will comment about her curly hair. They usually ask where it came from or if people in our family also have curly hair. I always reply it comes from her dad side of the family since I have stick straight hair. So one night after brushing her teeth, I decided to find out what she would look like if she had hair like me. I sprayed her hair, blow dried it, then I used my straightener. It was amazing to see how different she looked with straight hair. I was also surprised by the different lengths of her hair. We have only cut it once, and once it was straight it was obvious. There are all different layers of her hair. The top is still really short, but the back is really long. I was amazed at how long it really is because when it is curled, it never goes past her chin or mid neck. Personally I think she looks better with the curly hair because she got my thin hair so it looks so stringy and thin when it is straight. But with all the curls, you never notice how thin it is. This is is what Ainsley would look like if she had been born with straight hair:
Lately, her hair has looked really scraggly. We decided it was time to get her a real haircut. She's three years old, its about time. One day when Tom went to get his haircut, we had Ainsley get hers cut too. She was so excited all day, but when the time came, she was a little nervous. She sat so still in the chair the whole time and wouldn't smile. The lady cutting her hair was a little intimidating and so Ainsley was a little scared. But afterwards, she was so excited about it and talked about it for days. It still looks about the same, but now it is a little more even in the back. Here she is getting her first paid haircut:
Don't have an "after" picture, but this was taken a few days later, you can kinda tell that the back is a little more even:
Well, that's the history of Ainsley's hair. It will be interesting to see what it is like as she gets older. So far it seems to be getting curlier and curlier the older she gets. It will also be interesting to see whether or not she wants to wear it curly or if she will end up liking it better straight. Can't wait to see:)
4 comments:
I love all the hairdos! Especially the one of her looking in the mirror in all her girlish getup. As far as the screaming goes, I've used the cheap Suave detangler spray for Ella and that seems to help a lot. I'm impressed she let you use the blowdryer! Ella's scared of it and doesn't even want to be in the same room as me when I'm doing mine.
I love her curls! And as much as I've fought my curls my whole life, I wish my girls had curly hair. But no...stick straight like their daddy :) Can't wait to see you guys!
I love this post...
I can relate!!! I sure do love her curls, and it is so crazy how different you can look when you straighten it!
As much as I love her curls, I thought she looked really cute with straight hair, but I hear you about fine hair. I am forever jealous of those with thick hair
Post a Comment