Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Fall Fun
On Friday, Tom, Ainsley, and I went to our first Major League Baseball game. It was a lot of fun. We went to Comerica Park to watch the Detroit Tigers play the Minnesota Twins. Ainsley loved it. There were huge stone Tigers at the beginning of every entrance as well as throughout the park. She would point to them, say hello and goodbye to them, and roar at them throughout the game. We stayed until the beginning of the ninth inning and she did amazing. She was totally into the game and would cheer for the players and clap. It was really cute. The Tigers won 10-1. We wish we could see another game before the season ends.

When she saw these statues above every portical, she said, "Look Mom, the tiger is eating a base-a-ball"

Last week was "Take Your Child Outside Week" in town and so the local Park and Rec dept. had different activities planned at a local park each day. We met up with some of her friends from Nursery at one of the parks to go on a Nature Walk. They gave each of the kids a booklet of nature pictures. Then they had copies of the pictures scattered throughout the park. We would walk around and try to find each of the pictures. Ainsley loved it! She would race from one picture to the other and then find it in her booklet. She insisted on tapping her booklet against each poster after we found it. After the hike, the kids made bird feeders out of pinecones, peanut butter, and birdseed. Then we ate a little treat. Ainsley was so excited to hang up her birdfeeder when we got home. So we had a little picnic in our backyard and hung the birdfeeder on our porch. She has loved watching the birds perch on the pinecone and eat it. Today when a bird came, she yelled "Look Mom, a bird is eating my pinecone! Oh, he likes it."





For FHE last week, Ainsley and I took Tom to the neighborhood park where we go on our walks. Ainsley had a blast showing Daddy where we play. It was fun to watch her get so excited to show him things. I love the last picture because you can see how excited she is when Daddy pokes his head through the hole to say hi to her. So cute.


Ainsley and I went to a local apple orchard with some friends. Ainsley loved riding on the tractor out to the orchard. She quickly picked an apple and spent the rest of the time eating her apple. We bought cider and dougnuts and had a little picnic with friends. There was a maze of hay bales and a small petting zoo too. Ainsley had a blast!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You guys do so much fun stuff, you're such a good mom!!
I'm so impressed by all the fun things you guys do! It was so great to talk to you the other day. I miss you tons! We love you and wish you the best with you pregnancy!
Wow, it's beautiful up there! It sounds like you're doing lots of really fun things. I hope you'll be able to have just as much fun when winter sets in! Are there indoor play areas or anything like that?
I'm so glad you are getting out and having fun! I look forward to when homework isn't part of Mike's life anymore. :-)
We sure miss you guys. I hope the adjustment is going better and that you are surviving the pregnancy okay!
Post a Comment