Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Aunt Annie Came to Visit

Tom's sister Annie came to visit us for her Spring Break. We were so excited to have her come. On Thursday, Annie and I went shopping. First we hit our small mall because Annie wanted to go to The Limited which is no longer in Utah. After finding some really cute things, we then went to Nashville, IN where we hit tons of boutiques, quilt shops, toy stores, and candy shops. We had lunch at Panera, one of Annie's (and ours) favorite restaurants. That night Tom and Annie went out to eat at another favorite-Mother Bear's Pizza while I had a girls night out with some friends.

Aunt Annie always spoils Ainsley when she comes to visit. She brought Ainsley the cutest white sundress, a Zuzu pet(which unfortunately Ainsley is afraid of...and caused her to get her first minor haircut-due to her hair getting caught in one of its wheels) and colored bath tablets. The Crayola tablets are really cool. You throw them in the bath tub and they turn the water colors but they don't stain the tub or the child. Ainsley was a little apprehensive at first, but she seemed to really enjoy it. We tried a purple bath and a green bath while Annie was in town. On Friday, we took Annie to Indianapolis for the day. First we went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway where the Indy 500 is held. We took the tour of the track and the museum. Afterwards, we drove downtown to go shopping. Annie wanted to hit our favorite store H&M, but we forgot about all the Final Four madness. It was crazy busy. After shopping, we took a minute to walk around the convention center to see all the fan stuff. It was fun. It seemed like everyone (including Tom that day) was wearing Butler gear to show their support. Next we hit the Apple Store, Trader Joes, and Costco before heading home. It was a busy yet fun day.
We counted at least 5 cars on display that had a BOSCH sponsorship....GO BOSCH! (No...we don't know where they are sending us yet, I will post it as soon as we hear)
On Saturday, Annie and I took Ainsley to Wonderlab and then went to eat at an Indian restaurant. It was delicious. That night, Tom went out to dinner with his friends and then to the Priesthood session. Annie and I hit Panera one last time and then watched the rest of the Butler/Michigan State game. Ainsley and I dressed in our Butler gear from Christmas to show our support. We were disappointed that they didn't win the whole thing...the whole state had Butler pride. It was really fun. Too bad:(


On Easter morning, we woke up and had an Easter hunt for Ainsley and Annie. Tom made Annie search for eggs with Ainsley just like they had when they were kids. It was a lot of fun. Ainsley got a Thumbalina movie, clothes, pajamas, sandals, and a lunch box from grandparents. The Easter bunny also brought lots of candy and chocolate. Ainsley ate so much chocolate that day....but the next day we put it away and she hasn't even realized it was missing. We had a yummy Conference breakfast, and then all sat down to watch General Conference together. It was wonderful. I had made Ainsley a Quiet book which I gave to her on Easter and it helped keep her "quiet" and occupied for quite a while. I will post pictures of it on my next post. After conference we dyed eggs because we had to forgot to do it prior to Easter. Then Tom, Annie, and I played Ticket to Ride and helped her pack. We loved having Annie come visit!
On Monday, there was a Kelley Kids Easter Egg Hunt and picnic. Unfortunately it rained and we arrived just a few minutes late and so Ainsley missed the egg hunt. But we had fun huddling under the pavilion with our friends enjoying a yummy picnic. Since it was the second Easter egg hunt that was ruined due to weather (another one had been canceled on Saturday due to rain), I had 24 extra Easter eggs that I didn't want to take home. So my friend Jedda invited me to her ward Easter Egg hunt on Tuesday. I took Ainsley and she had a blast running around the park and picking up eggs.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What fun pictures! I'm glad you had fun with Annie. And I have to say, Ainsley's pigtails are so cute!!