Ainsley's quiet book is finally done. I started it in November....but I would only work on a page or two every few months. The last week before Easter I was determined to get it done though so she could actually use it at church before we head to Utah for the summer. The book is made of Pellon with either colored drawings or felt pictures. I got a pattern for the colored pages from my first married ward when we lived in Wymount at BYU. Six years later and I have finally made it. The felt pages I either made up or copied an idea from friends who have also made quiet books for their kids. Here is the finished product.
This page is my favorite as well as Ainsley's. It is two paper dolls you can dress up with a variety of different clothes. My mom was making a quilt out of this fabric and gave me her extras. Ainsley loves it.
Here are some pics of Ainsley opening and enjoying her Quiet book for the first time:
13 comments:
That is sooo adorable!! Can I pay u to make me one? ;) lol
Amazing!!!
Wow Beth! You did such a fabulous job!!!
you did it!!! Wow that is AMAZING! Lucky girl!
That looks like a ton of fun! I want to make one too!
I've always wanted to make one of those for my kids but just have never gotten around to it. Yours looks really great!
Wow! I'm impressed! I love all the ways they learn - both secular and church stuff. I have to say, though, that the race track was my favorite. :)
You're amazing! What an awesome book; maybe even Hannah would sit through church with something like that!
I know who we will be sitting by at church! DARLING!!
I've wanted to make/have one of those so badly! But everyone I talk to says they are so much work. Way to go! It looks FABULOUS!
I can't keep up with your blog. you guys are always on the move. this quiet book is rediculous! i love it. you are amazing!
BETH!! I LOVE IT!! It turned out great- I love the cover you made for it. I kinda want to play with it too :) Some great ideas. THanks for sharing
Awesome! I'm super impressed! I bought Addi's and it isn't nearly as cool!!
Post a Comment