
We were so lucky to have my mom come to visit last week. It was so nice to have her here. Ainsley was in heaven. My mom and I worked on crafts and projects all week. It was a lot of fun. My mom is an amazing seamstress and made many of my dresses growing up. She gave me her old sewing machine a few years ago, but there were many things I still didn't know how to work on it. She spent the time teaching me how to sew a buttonhole, button, zipper, zigzag and decorative stitches, etc. We picked out fabric and made Ainsley a cute jumper together. We also worked on pages of Ainsley's quiet book. I have been slowly working on it for months...I will post pictures if and when I finally finish it:) My goal is by her birthday in 2 months. We loved having grandma visit. We miss her so much!

The jumper we made for Ainsley

We experimented and made some zipper flower bows

Ainsley kept herself entertained while we sewed by reading her favorite book from Grandma Butler, she calls it "Snowman Night"

We took Grandma to Wonderlab, Ainsley's favorite place to play. She loved showing grandma all of the things that she can do there. She ran around like crazy. It was so fun to show our family what our life is like here in Indiana on a regular basis.
5 comments:
Aren't grandmas the best! We can't wait to see you guys! Love ya tons.
so much fun! that jumper is amazing!
she just gets cuter and cuter I swear! so fun!
How fun! I have been wanting to make some bows like that forever, but I have misplaced my glue gun. I can't justify buying a new one yet. The jumper is way cute.
My mom just left too :( It's so fun to have family! Good job on the zipper flowers-were they hard? I've wanted to try them out...AND, where did you find such an ADORABLE pint-sized chair? Ainsley looks sooo cute in it!
Post a Comment