Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lovely Locks


Bad hair day? With Ainsley, she has one almost everyday. When we stay home most days, this is what it looks like. A rat's nest, tangled, and unkempt. But she doesn't mind. Lately she has been asking me to not make it curly, which to her means just brush it straight after a shower and let it dry naturally. Well, straight hair is impossible for her. Even brushing it straight after a bath, it ends up curly...the only difference is that the top is straighter or looser . So one day, I asked her if she wanted me to straighten her hair with my curling iron (didn't bring a flat iron to Germany). She was pretty excited, I've only ever done it one other time when we lived in Michigan...which was probably over a year ago. So we did.

But to give you an idea of what her hair usually looks like, here is the before picture. Notice her tight curls in the back don't even touch the top of her shoulders. The front of her hair is much looser and they barely touch the shoulder. The top is wavy and curly.

Wonder how long her hair really is, here you go!


And here is what Ainsley, age 3 1/2 would look like if she had straight hair. I think she looks a lot more like me as well as more grown up this way.

Her hair is so, so, so thin though and when it was straight it looks much more stringy. Its a good thing she has natural curl, because it gives it much more body.

We wanted to surprise daddy with her straight hair when he came home from work, but sadly it didn't last that long. Just sweating a little during naptime brought the curls back immediately. This is what her hair looked like by the time she went to bed that night.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love all of her facial expressions! So cute. I can't believe how long her hair actual is and how grown up she looks posing in all those pictures. We miss you!

Susie said...

Not to be discouraging, but she's gonna be fighting that fight her whole life. I went to sleep with hair wet last night and had to tame the monster this morning. And then chastized myself for thinking I had finally figured it out.

Susie said...

She's so stinkin cute though that it won't matter what her hair looks like.

Unknown said...

She looks just like my younger cousin at that age. They have an almost identical face. Crazy how I never noticed that before. Can't believe I haven't seen her in a whole year!