Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Little Stinker

Look at that face...so sweet an innocent. It melts my heart each time I see it. Sam is such a cute, smooshy, cuddly baby. When you look at him, you think he can do no wrong.


But other days...he can be a real stinker. He is into everything right now and he can crawl so fast. I can't leave anything out or he will tear it apart. He can make a mess in 2 seconds. I'm constantly pulling him away from things. He burnt his finger badly the other day reaching for the light. Several times I've had to run across the room because he's playing with the base of our floor lamp and I can see it wobbling and know it is about to come down on him. He loves cords and is always pulling them out of the computer or the wall socket. We had to find covers for all our outlets because he is always trying to stick his fingers in them. If we leave the laptop open, he pulls the keyboard cover off and tried to pull the keys off too. He's ripped covers off books and destroyed papers. When we go to watch a movie, we have to quickly put the case away or he will take all the dvds out one at a time. He has learned the phrase "No, Sam" really well. Every time he hears it, he shakes his head and looks at you innocently like he is agreeing with me that he shouldn't be doing it.

This is what we call his "Pirate" face

He has a sixth sense about when the bathroom or kitchen door is open. If he hears it click, it takes him about 10 seconds and he is in there making a mess. His favorite thing to do is to empty the cupboard under the sink in the bathroom. He does it at least two or three times a day,-usually while you are in there with him just trying to grab one thing or quickly use the restroom. Ainsley has become the bathroom door police. If she sees him going near there, she yanks him away or blocks his way. This makes him mad...this has led one of Sam's newest talents...screaming!

Sam's Frankenstein arms...whenever he is whining in his high chair, he bounces and sways his arms straight out in front of him. Sometimes it looks like he is trying to swim away.



On Monday, I made the mistake of leaving the kitchen door open for a few minutes. I was in and out of there trying to clean up some things. I was only gone for about a minute or two, I could hear him banging things around but figured he was ok. Well, I walked into the kitchen and he had opened the cupboard with all of the dry goods. We store our flour in one of his old baby formula cans. Somehow he had pulled the can out of the cupboard and opened the lid. He had dumped the entire can of flour (probably about 4 cups) onto the floor. He was having a blast kicking and smearing it around. I immediately yelled, "Sam, No!" But then remembered some hilarious pictures of my own baby brother doing the same thing at his age. I grabbed my camera and video camera and snapped the pictures while he played in the mess. He was having the time of his life. Ainsley got jealous that I was letting Sam play in the mess and wanted to join the fun. I am not that nice....she had a little tantrum because she didn't get to make a mess too.



At the end of the day, I'm tired of the messes, crying, and whining. I give him his binkie, blanket, and rock him. He puts his head on my shoulder and cuddles. Then I forget all the things he did to wear me out during the day. I think, he is the sweetest baby, how could I be so lucky? I just want to rock him and never let him go. We love him so much and are so grateful he is apart of our family. It would not be complete without him. So I guess I can handle a few messes, right? (Remind me that the next time I have to clean up an entire box of tampons off the bathroom floor for the third time that day....)


7 comments:

Laura said...

What a fun post! Sorry to hear you have to deal with the screaming - that's actually lessening at our house these days (thankfully). I'm glad you took pictures - he's too cute! And he must be really fast to get into that much trouble in just a few minutes. I agree - he is sooo adorable and looks so innocent! What a cutie.

Susie said...

I love that kid. The first picture though, how can you ever say no to that? Ainsley has those same eyes too.

Lindsay said...

When I first saw the pictures, I though oh no not the formula, but then read on about it being flour and was relieved. That stuff is expensive. I can just tell he is a cuddly little boy with the cutest face ever!!

Unknown said...

Loved that!

Unknown said...

You should go in you tube and look up the video of the two kids who got into the flour when their mom wasn't looking. Their furniture was covered! It was funny to see but I don't think I'd want it to happen to me ;)

The Ormond Family said...

Our little boys would get along so well! :o)

TravandNat said...

What is it about tampons that are so intriguing to little ones? My Hailey is up to the same mischief as Sam. You're right, it's fun, but exhausting, and at the end of the day, snuggles make all the difference in the world!