Friday, December 16, 2011

Belated:Sam 6-8months


Sam's six month stats:
Weight: 18.6
Length: 27 inches

Sam is such a good baby. He is happy most of the time. At church and in public people tell us he is the happiest baby. He is such a little flirt and he charms everyone. We love him. Ainsley has learned how to hold him on her own and she loves to pick him up. He is about 2/3 her body weight and so she can't hold him for very long. They often topple over-which is a little scary. He loves her and lights up whenever she walks into the room. He likes to take whatever she has, and she doesn't like that. The funny thing is, she won't care about a toy until he has it and then all of a sudden she needs it immediately. She'll freak out if he touches it. We've tried to teach her to ask Sam if she can have it back to teach her how to share, but she won't. She just, "No, he wants it. He doesn't to give it back." I fear it will be an issue for years to come:)

Sam is a great sleeper. He takes two naps a day and sleeps through the night. He is the first one up in our house and has an automatic alarm clock of 7:00. But usually he wakes up happy and coos and talks to himself for a few minutes to let us sleep longer. Then I'll hear Ainsley yell, "Mom, Sam's awake" which is her cue that she wants me to come get him so she can go back to sleep. I bring him in bed with me and he cuddles and nurses. He usually goes back to sleep after that, which is nice.

Sam is eating more baby food. I've made all of his own babyfood so far. I cook vegetables then puree them in our Bosch. He loves butternut squash, peas, green beans, and carrots so far. I also have fed him applesauce and bananas. He is a good eater. He's also started eating crackers, cheerios, and more finger foods.

Sam learned to sit up on his own by about 5 months. He can roll both directions too. He loves to sleep on his stomach. He rolls all around the house and we expect that he will be crawling soon. I'm not sure I'm ready for that!

He has become attached to a green fleece blanket with a giraffe on it that my sister Cami gave him. He snuggles with it and rubs it on his face everynight when he goes to sleep. It is really cute.

He seems to love music and whenever it comes on, he starts to bounce. Its pretty hilarious. He loves to play with my cell phone and the remote controls...typical-his favorite toys are not really toys. He loves his little Woody doll. His favorite thing is to suck on one of his boots or hands. He also loves to hold small things that he can manipulate and pass back and forth between his hands such as Ainsley's plastic princesses, chapstick, and spoons.































4 comments:

Unknown said...

He's so cute!! I can't wait to meet him in person!

Laura said...

I love all the posts! This one was especially cute - I love how he's folded in half sleeping. Such a fun kid!

Cami said...

Oh my heavens I miss those kiddos. oh, and I guess you guys too ;)

Koreena said...

That picture of him hunched over sleeping is HILARIOUS! And the last one is super adorable!!