Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Activities

February has been a really cold month in Michigan so we've spent most days inside. There was not a lot of things to post about, but we did do a few fun activities. On Martin Luther King Jr. day, we went sledding on a big hill right in our apartment complex. A bunch of friends from the ward came too. Ainsley didn't seem to like the sledding part, but she loved playing in the snow with all her friends from church.
Ainsley and I went down the hill one time, she wasn't a fan. Plus carrying her back up the hill while being 7 months pregnant, was not very fun.

One day we headed to the Hands On Children's Museum to meet up with my childhood friend and neighbor Michelle. She only lives half hour away but we've only seen each other a few times since moving here. But it was so fun to catch up and spend the day with her!
She loved this dollhouse display but was upset she couldn't play with the dolls inside.

She still loves her preschool class and asks almost everyday if she can go to school that day. She gets upset when I tell her we have to wait until Friday. She has become so much more outgoing and sings along with all the songs. She dances to the music and calls out answers when the teacher asks something. These are all things she was too shy to do just months ago. It is fun to see her progress.
She still spends almost the entire time playing dress ups and pretending to be a mommy. She's ready to be a big sister.
This past month she discovered the dress up bin at school. As soon as the lesson is over, she runs over to the dress up bin to pick out a princess dress. This particular week, the pink dress made her Sleeping Beauty. Her other favorite thing is that she discovered there are "glass slippers" in the dress up bin. She talks about them all week and is already asking for some of her own for her birthday.
For Valentines, the kids exchanged cards. She loved handing out her valentines
Opening her bag of Valentines and discovering all the yummy treats and prizes.

Ainsley loves to do whatever Mommy is doing. Most mornings she watches me intently as I get ready. She insists on wearing her own makeup. Here she is pretending to put on foundation and blush. Afterwards she always says something like "Wow, I look so pretty."

Ainsley loves to have friends come over to play. Here she is playing with one of her little friends from Nursery class. They have a blast together.


3 comments:

Laura said...

What a girly girl! She is so adorable and growing up so fast. I LOVE the tu-tu! Sooo cute!

Laura said...

I just watched the video - SUCH a cutie! Mike said, "She's such a cheeser!" and I have to agree. It made me miss her a lot. I love her little laugh!

Sara said...

Ainsley is getting so big! But she's just as darling as ever!