Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 in review

2010 was a big year, full of lots of changes in our family. For memory purposes, here is a short summary of the year:

January
Tom received and accepted his full time job offer from Bosch

February
Definitely the low point of the year...full of medical visits and not so fun medical news

March
Trip to North Carolina for Spring Break to visit Tom's mission
Visit friends/cousins the Winders at Duke University

April
Lot of time spent with friends, celebrating the end of MBA school.
Visit Nauvoo, IL to see church history sites with Ben and Chelsea Bauer

May-High point of the year
Tom graduated with his MBA from Indiana University
Ainsley turns 2 years old
Grandpa and Grandma Reese come to Bloomington to visit
Ainsley goes to Utah for two weeks by herself
Tom and I go on a Caribbean Cruise to celebrate graduation
Movers pack up our apartment
Tom and I drive cross country stopping at Rocky Mountain National Park on our way to Utah

June
Spend 6 weeks with family in Utah
Visit Zions National Park to go hiking for the 6th time in our marriage
Go to the Reese family ranch

July
Say good-bye to family in Utah
Tom and I drive cross country to our new home in Michigan
Annie flies out with Ainsley and spends a few days in Michigan with us
Tom starts his new job at Bosch in the Corporate Marketing Department

August
Getting to know the area
Find out we are expecting Baby #2

September
Travel back to Bloomington, IN for Tom to do "Roundtable" presentation at Indiana University
Travel to the Upper Penninsula to visit Mackinaw Island and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore

October
Working, playing, making new friends
Grandma Butler and Cami came to visit, we visited Frankenmuth, Greenfield Village, etc.
Ainsley goes trick-or-treating for the first time

November
Have 20 week ultrasound to see baby, but decide not to find out the gender
Visit Niagra Falls and Palmyra, NY touring Church History sites for Thanksgiving break

December
Spend our first Christmas on our own

Overall 2010 was a great year for us, we can't wait for the changes that are definitely going to occur in 2011 including the birth of our second child and moving to yet another state or even country next July.


4 comments:

Lindsay said...

That was so fun to see a time line for each month. Im going to use your Idea!!! I am so excited for you and your family. It is so fun to stay in touch via blog and Facebook...I love it!!!!

Cami said...

You forgot to mention when Mom and I came out to visit in October ;)

Paige said...

I love this post. What a great idea. I will have to do the same - although I am pretty sure mine won't be as exciting. Hope you are doing well.

James and Melissa said...

What a year! You guys have accomplished so much! Love ya.