Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Catch Up

We've had a really busy month of May including Ainsley's birthday, Tom's graduation, Caribbean cruise, moving, and then driving across the country to spend a few weeks with family . We've been really busy so I will try to catch up a little at a time.

For Ainsley's second birthday, we had a little party for her at a local park. Her real birthday was the same day as Tom's graduation so we celebrated a little early. We invited all of her little friends from playgroup and the ward and their families. We had an Elmo theme party. The kids played on the playground then we sang "Happy Birthday." Ainsley was totally confused about what was going on and was actually kind of a pill. She didn't like all of the attention. All she wanted to do was play with another girl's stroller and babydoll and would get mad when she couldn't. It started to pour while we ate cake and ice-cream. We hung out under the pavilion until the rain stopped, but it was a lot of fun. We appreciate all of the people who came to celebrate with us! (we don't have pictures from that night, because I downloaded them to our desktop computer that is in storage-but here is a few pics)


A few days later, Tom's parents flew in to celebrate Tom's graduation. We loved having them in town. We drove down to Louisville, KY to site see. We went to the Louisville Slugger Museum to see how the bats are made. It was pretty cool. Then we went to Churchhill Downs to watch horse races. Ainsley loved seeing the horses and would yell, "Go Horsies, Go!"









On Friday, May 7 it was Ainsley's birthday and Tom's graduation. Tom graduated from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. It was a really good ceremony. Several professors, the dean, and an alumni spoke. After the ceremony we took pictures outside Assembly Hall and then drove up to the stadium for a luncheon. It was held in a huge reception room overlooking the football field. It was really nice. We had a wonderful time.





That night we had dinner at our house. I made dinner and we celebrated Ainsley's 2nd birthday. She was spoiled by everyone. She got a Bitty Baby, three new outfits for it, magnetic paperdolls, books, new clothes, etc. She loved the baby doll and had fun taking care of it. Then we ate Strawberry Shortcake and sang "Happy Birthday." Then we talked to Annie and Sue on Skype. When she got to Utah, the Butler family held another birthday party for her and she got more baby clothes, summer dresses, playdough, and a swing/stroller set.






7 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! I've been waiting to hear how things went! I'm glad you had fun at graduation and that Ainsley was spoiled for her birthday. :-)

Can't wait to see the pics of your cruise!

Lindsay said...

May was really busy for you all. It was good to hear how things went. I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Are you moving back to Utah or what are your plans?

Ainsley is getting so big and cute. I guess you never know how 2 yr old's are going to act even if it's there birthday, right.

TravandNat said...

Wow!! You sure have been busy. What fun adventures! I am excited to see you an Ainsley in a couple of weeks.

Chrispy Critter said...

If you need a gals picture from Ainsleys party, don't worry... I have several ;0

Prosper 1st Primary said...

Yahoo I found your blog! What a cute family! It was so fun seeing you today, your little girl is so cute! It was fun to catch up. I hope you guys have fun in Michigan and root for OSU. Ha ha. Good luck and keep in touch!

Sarah M said...

YES! Let me know and I would love to get together!! Do you have my number still? Or email?

Jedda said...

I hope your cruise was a blast! Hey, want to meet up at the zoo? we just got a pass for Detroit!