A couple of days before Thanksgiving, we got out the Christmas tree to decorate it for FHE. We let the kids do a lot of the decortating themselves. They loved it but when they went to bed I had to "fix" it because all of the ornaments were exactly child height. It was really cute and they had a lot of fun.
This year we started a new tradition for reading a Christmas story every night. I wrapped up 25 Christmas stories and each night, Ainsley or Sam got to pick one out of the basket, unwrap it, and we would read it for the bedtime story. They loved it!
My dad had served his mission in the Netherlands and so when I was growing up, it was my family's tradition to set out wooden shoes for Sinter Klaus (the Dutch Santa). He would always bring us Dutch Candy and chocolate letters on Dec. 5. This year we set out our own wooden shoes for him. He brought a combination of Dutch\, Swiss,Austrian, and German candies. They were all of our favorites from living in Europe. Manner cookies from Austria, Haribo gummies, wafer cookies and Kinder Eggs from Germany, mentos from Holland, and Toblerone from Switzerland.
Racetrack from Aunt Annie
We went to our first "ugly sweater party"
Ainsley got a new bike, porcelin dolls, a puzzle, books, clothes, snow boots, play kitchen pots and pans, and small toys for Christmas. She was so excited to test out her new bike!
Sam got a bike seat, shoes, clothes, a set of 6 tonka trucks, magnetdoodle, Little People race track, golf clubs, and small toys for Christmas

1 comment:
Ella said, "I like her new bike!" and "Pretty tree!" It's fun to see pictures! We've missed you. I love the picture of Ainsley snuggling up to Daddy at story time. So cute. I love your idea of wrapping up the books and reading one every night! Cool idea.
Ella wants to tell Ainsley, "I really love you! I wish I got a real bike. But I just have a little bike. I miss you!"
Post a Comment