For our last full day in Germany, we had a day trip planned to Bertesgaden. But unfotunatley due to train schedules it was going to take forever to get there. So after we made it to Salzburg which was one of the connections we had to make, we had a change of plans and decided to just stay and see Salzburg instead. Tom and I had a fun time playing tour guide since we had just been to Salzburg a few weeks earlier. First we took them to Mirabell gardens. Suey was excited to see all of the Sound of Music sites as it was one of her favorite movies as a child. Then we walked through the Marktplatz and alleyways. We stopped by the Mozart statue and the Dom. Then we took the venicular up to the Fortress. We stopped at the marionette museum and toured the interior of the castle. Afterwards we headed into town where the rest of the family went to the Mozart Birthplace museum. Sam was sleeping and I didn't want to take him out of the stroller so I opted to not attend the museum. So for an hour I walked around the quaint alleyways and shops. I picked out a pair of lederhosen to buy for him. When everyone got done at the museum, we shopped a bit more. Then we walked back through the Mirabell gardens on the way to the train station. Then we got some dinner at a grocery store that we could eat on the train back to Munich.



No comments:
Post a Comment