Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Brrrrr, its cold!
Tom's office is in a beautiful forest setting south of Hildesheim. It takes him about twenty minutes to drive there everyday. As a result, I have no car which means I am stuck home all day. The first week we were here, the weather was gorgeous. It was warm and sunny. We live northwest of the city center in a residential part and so there isn't any sightseeing or shops around me within walking distance. So if I want to go anywhere I have to take the bus. There is a stop right in front of our apartment and Tom and I took it one Saturday to figure it out. It is really slick, but still I was hesitant to go out much because we were in a new country. But the first week, we did make it to the playground near our complex. Here are some pics:




But the last two weeks we have been here, has been freezing! According to the BBC news, we're experiencing a "cold snap." We have a thermometer in the car, and Tom tells me each morning how cold it was while he drove to work. The other day it was -16 degrees Celcius...which is 2 degrees Farenheit. So cold! When we go out, we all wear thermals. We've noticed, all the babies here ride in mini sleeping bags in their strollers. I need to get one for Sam so he doesn't freeze! Anyway, since its been so cold, I haven't even bothered to leave the house in the last two weeks. we just hang out and play. I've tried to exercise more, have school everyday with Ainsley, and play. Without her little friend Ella, Ains gets pretty bored and I am her new playmate. We play barbies, restaurant, grocery store, princesses, dance parties, etc. But her new favorite game is to play "Having babies." She pretends to be the doctor and I pretend to have a baby...or multiple babies. I go to the hospital, and have to stay there for multiple days before I can deliver. She takes care of me. Then after I have a baby, she takes a turn. We do this multiple times during the day. I think she'll be a good mommy one day:)


Ainsley is so her father's daughter....our heater/towel rack in the bathroom doubles as a climbing wall for her. She has informed me that she needs to practice climbing it everyday. (We only let her do it when we are in the room)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My friend from Zurich brought me a stroller bag for Bardy yesterday and said she was lucky to have found one since most of the stores she checked we're sold out. Brady really likes it which is weird because he hates having his hands confined, but it's not as bad as the mittens he was wearing before I guess. We will probably have a hard time finding a snow suit for our visit to the Alps next month. H&M was sold out yesterday.
Ella loved looking at these pictures! She kept saying, "I miss Ainsley." You are so good to play with her so much and do the same thing over and over - after about the fifth time, I go crazy and try to find a new game. And hooray for dance parties!
That is the worst not having a car - but I can't even imagine not having a car in a new country. I have been so excited to see these 2 posts - I have been waiting for you guys to have the internet so I could see some posts. Anyway - it looks like fun and you are a good mom to be such a good friend to your kids. Hope all goes well this week!
I miss you guys like crazy! I love the pictures of Ains climbing- she is her daddy's girl.
Post a Comment