Thursday, May 19, 2011

Aunt Susie Comes to Visit

Tom's youngest sister, Susan or "Suey" as Ainsley calls her, came to visit us for a week in the beginning of May. She arrived just in time for Ainsley's birthday. It was so fun to have her here. Ainsley loved the attention and playing with her aunt. We spent the week playing at the park, shopping, eating out, and visiting a museum. It went too fast. We love having company come to visit!

Playing at the park


We took Suey to the Henry Ford Musuem. It is a huge museum with artifacts, machinery, cars, and displays from history. It reminded me of the Smithsonians in DC. There were a lot of historical artifacts such as George Washington's camp bed, the chair Abraham Lincoln was sitting in when he was assassinated, the traitorous letter by Benedict Arnold, a first edition Common Sense, etc. They also a lot of historical vehicles such as the original Weinermobile, the Rosa Parks bus, Presidential limos including the one that Regan was in when he was shot, and the limo Kennedy was riding in when he was assassinated. They also had tons of old planes, trains, and other cars.
Sue and Ainsley dressed up as a hot dog

I thought it was interesting that in the Decades display they had a display case that featured things that were popular in 1999. It totally took me back! I related to everything in the displaycase. It was only one year after Tom graduated high school and while I was in school. We've become so old that the things that we experienced are in a museum:)


Ainsley and I are sitting in the exact seat that Rosa Parks was in when she refused to give it up to a white man.
Sue made Ainsley a souvenir smashed penny which she carries around all the time.
The last morning she was here, Ainsley and Suey played the games and had a tea party before she left. Ainsley was sad to see Sue go. She has asked for her several times since she left.


Goodbye Aunt Suey, thanks so much for coming to visit us!!!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Oh gosh, I wish I was back there again! That was the best way to celebrate graduation.

Koreena said...

I do NOT like seeing things from 1999 in a museum! SCAREY!