Sunday, July 12, 2009

Walk, Walk, Walk

Smile!

Ainsley and Lambchops #1 and Lambchops #2
The story of why she has 2 lambs: Last year, one of my students gave Ainsley Lambchops #1 at my class baby shower. Well, this past Easter I saw the same stuffed animal at the store and decided to buy a backup (actually 2 backups). I knew Ainsley was very attached to the lamb and people kept telling me if one got lost or too grubby, it would be good to have a backup. So we keep one in the crib at all times and the other one downstairs to play with during the day. Sometimes both make it downstairs though. But she doesn't seemed puzzled why there are sometimes two lambs that look identical. Notice she has unpicked the mouth on both of them. We keep Lambchops #3 in the closet so it doesn't get dirty at all. I only wish I had backups of her doggie. That is the stuffed animal she is mostly attached to, and it has already had to be stiched up twice. I think it is going to fall apart soon and there will be nothing we can do to replace it:(

Well, it is official. Ainsley is finally walking on her own! It took a month since her first few steps, but she is now pulling away from furniture and walking around the apartment instead of crawling. We are excited for her!



Ainsley loves the laptop, anytime it is out she gets really excited because she thinks she is going to skype with her grandparents. She loves to touch the keyboard and mousepad. She also loves to look at pictures on Tom's iphone now too.

I realized today that this week is one year from my abdominal surgery to remove my tumor. I had 65% of my liver removed, galbladder taken out, a blood transfusion, 3 tubes in me, and 38 staples. It took about 3 months to get over and a 9 inch scar, but I feel great now. I feel so blessed that everything worked out and that I feel better than I have in a long time. Thanks to everyone who helped me during that difficult time. I was truly blessed!

8 comments:

Chrispy Critter said...

Can't wait to see you this weekend! Happy Anniversary!

Laura said...

Yay for being healthy! I'm glad you've recovered okay and fairly quickly. And to think you've had to move all through it as well! Sheesh!

It was sure fun watching the video of Ainsley walking - I'm impressed at how well she does it! And the picture of her on the laptop is priceless!

Whitney said...

Wow! I can't believe how big she is getting! I love that dress, Taelee has the same one, and it is my favorite one of hers! Ainsley is so BEAUTIFUL!

Susie said...

I love her concentration at the computer. It looks like she is working on a paper or something.

TravandNat said...

I can't believe all that happened a year ago! Time really flies! I'm glad that you are healthy now!

Ainsley is a great little walker. She's adorable!!!

Koreena said...

Look at that little cutie walking!! That's awesome.

I'm so glad you're feeling well now.

Luke and Marin said...

What an exciting post... I can't believe she's walking! How fun!! She looks adorable in that laptop picture!

Jedda said...

That laptop picture is priceless! I can't believe how much she has grown this summer! She's walking all over! I'm so glad you are feeling well; you are such a trooper!